Losing weight is a goal for millions of people all over the world. The diet and fitness industry is a multi-million dollar money-maker that doesn’t always have your best interests at heart. I will give you 7 weight loss tips that you can implement for free – including the number one secret that can turn your body into a fat-burning machine!
1. You don’t always have to eat less to lose weight. When we think of a “diet” we almost always picture a strict regime of tiny portions and tasteless food, coupled with hunger pains. If you eat the right foods – foods which can be very tasty as well as nutritious – you can eat more than enough to keep you satisfied all day.
2. You don’t have to become a gym bunny to lose weight. The alternative to eating less has always been seen as huge amounts of exercise. It’s absolutely NOT necessary to join a gym, employ a personal trainer, or buy expensive equipment or DVDs in order to get your body on the road to weight loss.
3. The science to losing weight is all about calories in versus calories out. This simple concept has been confused and garbled by fad diets and programs which want you to count points, carbs, GI, red and green days, and goodness knows what else. The science is really very simple: burn more calories than you eat, and you will lose weight.
4. Most diets and plans for losing weight are designed so that everyone follows the same “program”. But you’re an individual, and what works for Julie next door may not work for you. Your weight loss will depend on you finding out your personal calorie need level, and planning your food to that level.
5. If you want to successfully lose weight, you MUST plan your meals. Eating “off plan” (that is – eating something naughty instead of something healthy) often happens when we fail to plan. Travelling, eating with friends, eating while at work, special ocassions – all these situations and more can trip you up. Good planning will enable you to overcome these situations. Remember, “if you fail to plan – you plan to fail!”[et_bloom_locked optin_id=”optin_2″]
6. You have to believe that you deserve to lose weight, and that you deserve to be healthy. If you go into your weight loss journey hating yourself and your body, you have no incentive to make a permanent change. You will end up punishing yourself for failure instead of rewarding yourself for success.
7. METABOLISM BOOSTER! The only way to burn more calories is to expend more energy. But many of us cringe at the thought of adding more exercise into our busy schedules. After all, if we’re working full time, or studying, or raising children, we often can’t see any way to jam more activity in there. So the secret is to make many small changes instead of one big one. Park in the furthest corner of the car park instead of the one nearest to the store. (An added benefit is that you can often get parked and walk in the doors in half the time of those people cruising round and round the first two rows!) Take the stairs instead of the elevator. If you don’t feel you can manage all of the stairs, get off just one flight early and take the remaining stairs. Don’t rely on family members to run errands – do them yourself. Don’t shop on the internet – go to the stores, walk around and price the merchandise yourself.
This last is my number one weight loss tip. I have personally seen my calorie burn rate increase by over 50% simply due to this tactic. You could lose anywhere from 2-10lbs per week by ONLY doing this and keeping your food intake the same.
As you can see, there are many things you can do for yourself, for free, to improve your weight loss. For a full and sustained weight loss program which gives you a step-by-step approach, as well as plenty more weight loss tips, I recommend The Diet Solution Program.